Thursday, October 23, 2008

Marathon Weekend is Here

I'm leaving for Washington D.C. in the morning. Apparently, the cold I caught about two weeks ago is coming with me. I tried to talk it into going away but it promptly refused, taking up residence in my sinuses. It has only been bothering me about the first couple of miles of every run but usually gives up after I try to Farmer Blow it out. For those of you not from the Midwest, a Farmer Blow is a technique in which you blow your nose without tissues by plugging one nostril and blowing in a quick little burst. Usually, the snot shoots out, leaving me able to breath. This technique works well on sparsely populated trails but I have a feeling that the other people running the marathon with me will not think this method charming.

Snot or not, I have now run a total of 378 miles preparing for Sunday. That's is the distance from Boulder to... well... I don't know, but it's really far. I just have the on Sunday to go.

Now it's time for me to congratulate you, dear friends, family, and associates. While my goal of running 26.2 miles is still in front of me I am proud to say that we have already raised $1295 for the American Heart Association. If you are still interested in donating, you may do by going to this website: http://honor.americanheart.org/site/TRC/Events/General?pg=feditor&fr_id=1030&px=1111901.

Some people have had trouble with this process. If you do, you can email me at Lindsay.Brust@gmail.com and I would be happy to send you different instructions.

I will try to keep you up-to-date with the happenings of the weekend. If I can't get to a computer over the weekend, I will definitely write an update when I get back to Colorado. I'll need something to do while I wait for my legs to recover. :)

No comments: