Thursday, August 21, 2008

Surfing Counts as Cross Training, Right?


I spent all last week cross training (ahem, learning to surf, cough, drinking Pina Coladas) in Costa Rica. I had several goals for my week of cross training:
1. Be able to catch my own wave.
2. Be able to stand on my surfboard after catching said wave.
3. Drink as many Pina Coladas and I wanted in the evenings.
4. Wash them down with mango smoothies for breakfast.
5. Do not drown.
6. Do not get bitten by a shark.
7. Return to the states with the same number of people I left with, preferably the same people.
8. Don’t see the inside of a Costa Rican hospital.
Two of my traveling companions almost forced me to break goal #8 by drinking the tap water and then becoming violently ill. So, when that catastrophe was so narrowly avoided, I thought it best that I not risk breaking my ankle jogging on the unpaved and pot-hole ridden roads.

No comments: